Fall is here, meaning there are cooler times ahead!
Anyone who lives in South Texas knows that our weather can be quite erratic, and what should be fall can easily turn into an extended summer. One thing you definitely DON’T want during this time is a dead air conditioner, in your vehicle or your home.
A/C ain’t coolin’ like it used to? There are a few reasons this may be so.
Some of these include:
- A Freon leak, which could be the cause of a failed o-ring, hose, seal or component
- A clogged expansion tube
- A clogged refrigerant charging hose
- Failed compressor/compressor clutch
- Failed blower motor/motor resistor
- Damaged or failed condenser
- Damaged or failed evaporator
- Vacuum leaks
- Failed switch, fuse, relay, control module, blend door or solenoid
Does your A/C go from cool to warm? If so, you may be dealing with a specific problem that needs attention.
Here are some causes of cool-to-warm A/Cs.
Clogged expansion valve
The refrigerant won’t flow into the evaporator properly if this important valve is blocked.
Faulty compressor clutch
Your compressor can’t maintain correct pressure if the clutch is not engaging properly. This can result in hot air coming from your A/C.
A blown-out fuse may be the culprit behind your cold A/C’s warm path.
Does your A/C need some work? Don’t worry — we can help! Our skilled mechanics can get your air conditioning system working in no time. Call our Service Department to schedule an appointment, or simply stop by. While you’re here, you can take a look inside some of our newest models.