Everyone here at Payne Auto Group is very excited about the recently unveiled NEW Volkswagen ID.4, an all-electric SUV with a 250 mile range and sub $40,000 price tag. The ID.4 is just the beginning of Volkswagen’s push into the all-electric market, bringing with it the quality and power that VW stands for. At launch, the ID.4 will be offered with an 82-kWh battery pack and RWD, producing 201 horsepower and 228 pound-feet of torque with roughly 250 miles of range. An AWD model with 302 horsepower will arrive at a later date next year. This electric SUV is sure to make waves and can be preordered now.
The ID.4 boasts a very tech focused, futuristic looking clean design. Most notably the lighting stands out in the interior with their all new ID Light feature. A light strip runs below the windshield and another across the center of the dashboard giving it a very futuristic appeal. Despite being a smaller footprint compared to the Tiguan, the interior is actually the same size.
Outside, the Volkswagen ID.4 equips LED lighting and a sculpted, aerodynamic fascia with a 0.28 drag coefficient. Exterior sizing measures in at 180.5 inches in length with a wheelbase of 108.9 inches, plus a height of 64.4 inches and a width of 72.9 inches.
Both AC and DC charging will be available with stats showing an ID4 can go from 5 to 80% charged in about 38 minutes using a DC charging station. Every ID4 will come with 3 years of free charging courtesy of Electrify America EV.
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
- rear-wheel-drive models will be the first to launch
- all-wheel-drive models will eventually be a part of the ID.4 lineup
- 201 horsepower with the optional front motor kicking in another 101 hp
Battery, Range, and Charging
- ID.4’s battery pack holds enough juice to power the SUV up to 310 miles between charges
Interior Comfort and Convenience
- Retractable steering wheel and sliding rear doors
- Copious passenger and cargo space
- Premium finishes
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto capability
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Wireless phone charging.
- Large touchscreen and smartphone-enabled controls
- A suite of driver-assist technologies
Click on the link below to reserve your very own NEW VW ID.4!
Once the ID.4 is ready you’ll be able to pick yours up right at Payne VW Mission or Payne VW Brownsville.